High paying Amazon products?

Discussion in 'Ebay/Amazon' started by Earnestine Ratliff, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Ea

Earnestine Ratliff New Member

With the small comission % from Amazon, I don't see it very viable unless you either sell a really high volume of products or sell things that are more expensive. Anyone have a list of expensive items that sell well on Amazon?

2. is

ishboo New Member

I think the best way to get a list is to go searching for them inside of Amazon.com. Honestly, or have a develop a software for it.

3. yc

yc123 VIP

• VIP
    sort by highest price in any category to find the high ticket items to promote. Simply throw a site with product name, outsource product review writeup to iwriter, then go fiverr to buy some seo link building gigs. rinse and repeat. that's all
    outsource all the works to Filipino, so you practically do nothing to make high commission from amazon.

4. hi

hifavor New Member

Great tips! Thanks

5. ta

tantricmaster VIP

• VIP
    Luxury watches are my favourite, there are many on Amazon like Rolex, Omega etc Try those

6. zi

zillion New Member

Commission Junction has a ton of really high end products.

7. bo

bobbynewkid New Member

The real money in amazon is making your own products. Learn SEO for Amazon, create a product, and dominate.

8. cu

cuso VIP

• VIP
    People really are killing it with amazon right now, Its awesome to see that so many of us are doing REALLY well at this.

9. of

offlineseller New Member

Your best bet like someone said above is to private label. If you have a good selling product that is not on Amazon, get ready to be backdoored...

10. da

david991 VIP

• VIP
    Like everybody is saying you need to sell your own products on Amazon wheter it is retail arbitrage or white label products that is where the real profits are.

11. gb

gbb011 VIP

• VIP
    Taking that one step further, the key is to actually find the manufacturers in China that have good connections

12. ic

icecreamlover VIP

• VIP
    Be careful when dealing with Chinese manufacturers on Ali Baba, though. That site is full of scammers and historically they go out of their way to protect Chinese national scammers.
    Look for custom manufacturers outside of China also, be creative. Depending on what it is you could find good vendors in Vietnam, India, Pakistan, Taiwan, Korea....
    Also research the heck out of any vendor you come across, look for reviews, look-up pictures of their product with Tin-Eye, etc...

13. cr

craig1985 New Member

I do well with survival items, they always sell well on my site

14. bl

blitzmon99 VIP

• VIP
    High-ticket items give more commission, but sell less often. If you're sticking with straight affiliate I would focus on a few items and build out those sites.. because they basically just keep earning cash once they're up. I would go with something that has a decent turnover rate with mass-appeal and a price tag of a few hundred to a thousand bucks like office chairs or televisions.

15. cl

cloud New Member

Easier said than done, as always.

16. ne

newbie99 New Member

i know i'm new here but i think a lot of amazon sellers right now are giving away products to get 5 star reviews. then when the product has great ratings because everyone got them for free gave them a great review because in essence there was no cost.... these sellers use the promote option to blast their items right up to the top and get people to buy them pretty easily. i'm not sure how affordable that process is, but i noticed a lot of amazon sellers are doing that now.

17. ne

newbie99 New Member

i also wanted to add that sending your products to Amazon so they will do PRIME shipping would be HUGE. Prime is real big right now and taking advantage of it could make a huge difference in your sales volume.

18. an

angelscorpio VIP

• VIP
    My older brother did the private label twice with a nice skin product from a Chinese Lab, and that thing didn't work at all. The list get ranks as long as you keep paying PPC on Amazon itself, Adwords, paying reviews etc. If you stop pushing ads the product lose its rank and is beat up by another seller. Brother ended up selling its brand to another person.
    Retail arbritage is a pain in the a** finding transparent wholesalers, and when you find it it turns out the same product is being sold by another person who usually makes dropshiping for half the price. And to cap it all off, you buy a lot of cheap products just to see the price dropping later as an asteroid not able to make anything out of an earnig. Damn
    And dropshipping now is dying since Amazon is raising the shipping, and punishing Amazon pride abusers (which is the majority) banning your account since they notice "unusual activity". They are acquainted on the Amazon/Ebay game now. So don't even think about using Prime. It's not a safe game anymore. And in regarding Ebay sellers, there is a lot of devolutions since buyers realized the product is cheaper in another site so they file a complaint and Ebay goes in favor of customers instead of sellers with a negative review hurting your account. Ebay don't care that much about sellers. They know there is always someone new every time and on entering the game arena.
    So what is left is the

19. be

beastmode New Member

I am dabbling with it and so far so good. Really all it comes down to is product research. The rest of it is fairly cut/dry. You will live and die by picking a good/bad product though.